IISER 2016: For promoting interest in high-quality scientific education, research and training Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, has set up seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs). These institutes are located in Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati. The key features of these institutes are as follows:
- Highly capable and inspired faculties in numerous disciplines with a desire for science
- Cohesive undergraduate training with cutting-edge research across disciplines
- Forthcoming eco-friendly green university grounds with suitable substructure
- Library with online resources, books and research periodicals
- Sports and recreational facilities
- Hostel facility for all scholars
IISER Aptitude Test is conducted by Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research for admission to Integrated BS – MS dual degree program offered by the above-mentioned institutes of India.
IISER 2016 Eligibility Criteria:
- Indian residents and students belonging to PIO or OCI group are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria given below.
- Applicants having a legal KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) communion beginning from 2016-17 academic session are qualified for this exam
- Applicants securing 60% in class 12th exams and has ranked in JEE Advanced 2016 merit list.
- Applicants who have secured more than or equal to cut-off percentage in class 12th of State and Central Boards (SCB) exams are eligible. There is a reduction of 5% in case of SC/ST category.
- Applicants passing 12th in the current year or last year are qualified to give this test.
BS-MS Dual Degree Program: IISER 2016
It is a five-year twin degree program for optimistic and interested science students who have passed (10+2) level. The package assimilates classroom learning with research and offers ample of scope for multidisciplinary collaborations. The first two years of the program entail essential courses in basic sciences. The third and fourth years are devoted to gaining expertise in chosen science subjects and the fifth year includes an investigation project. The preparation during the program empowers students to follow a profession in the academic world, R&D establishments, and science-based businesses.
IISER 2016 Application form:
The application forms will be available on –ww.iiseradmission.in. Qualifying candidates may apply and KVPY and JEE aspirant will be allowed on the basis of ranks, preferences, groups and openings. All the details in the application form are to be filled carefully. A non-refundable amount of Rs. 1500 (750 for SC/ST groups) is to be paid for registration.
IISER 2016 Important Dates:
Application Process Starts on
First week of June
Latest Date for application for KVPY/JEE Advanced Candidates
13 June 2016
Result of KVPY/JEE Advanced Candidates
15 June 2016
Latest Date for application for SCB Candidates
First week of July
IISER 2016 Exam Date
03 July 2016
Result of SCB Applicants
Third week of July
IISER 2016 Exam Centers (not fixed):
IISER 2016 Exam Pattern:
The exam will have multi choice questions (MCQ) from Physics, Chemistry, Math’s and Biology. Total 60 questions will be there out of which 15 questions will be asked from each subject. Applicants have to select one correct answer from the given four options. 3 Marks will be given to the aspirants for correct answer. Negative marking (-1) will be there for each wrong answer. It will be an objective type question paper and time given to complete is 180 minutes. The syllabus trails the general recommendations from NCERT books of 11th and 12th class.
IISER 2016 Result:
Result is usually announced in the first week of July. Applicants can check their results on the official website by entering their roll number or registration number. The admission in desired colleges is done on the basis of ranking, merit list, preferences, and reservation quota.