JEE Main is the most pursued exam among the students in India. This exam is regulated by CSBE. It is a two level exam namely JEE Main and JEE Advance. Entrants can get admissions in UG (under graduation) engineering/architecture programs offered by NITs, IIITs, and other institutes through JEE Main examination but IITs offer these courses through JEE Advanced exam.
JEE Main examination is considered as a succeeding exam to perform JEE Advanced examination. To be eligible for appearing in the test, students must have at least 75 % marks or be in top 20 percentile in Class XII examination. SC, ST students should have 65 % score.
Important dates: JEE Main 2017
- Notification for exam out in November 2016
- Application form to be filled in the first week of December 2016
- Application form rectification time will be given for a week in the second half of January 2017
- Admit Card will be given in the first week of March 2017
- JEE Main written exam to be held in the first week of April 2017
- JEE Main online exam to be held in the second week of April 2017
- Result announcement in last week of April 2017
- Counselling schedule will be held in the first week of July 2017
JEE Main 2017 Application form:
Applicants are required to fill up and submit the application form online through the authorised gateway of JEE Main 2017. No one is allowed to fill up more than one online form and no written application form should be sent to CBSE.
- Applicant’s date of birth (DOB) should fall on or after 01 October 1992 for overall applicants and 01, October 1987 for SC, ST, and PWD candidates.
- Applicants must have passed their 12th or equal exam in 2015 or 2016 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants appearing for 12th or correspondent exam are also eligible to apply.
- It is compulsory to score minimum 50% marks in a combination of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Applicants who have passed 12th or corresponding exam in 2014 are not entitled to apply.
- Applicants should have at least five subjects in 12the or succeeding examination.
- A contender can crack this exam for only three times.
- Applicants who have done Certificate course for3 years are also qualified to apply.
- 12th board’s results will not be given 40% weigh-age in 2017 for calculation of ranks as in the selection norms for admittance in an IIT for 2016. Rest of the selection procedure will remain unaffected for admission in IITs in 2017.
Fees for the JEE Application Form:
The application form cost can be paid by two methods – online method (debit/credit card) or offline method (e-challan of Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank). There will be no refund in any situation. And the cost of the form is mentioned below:
Pen & Paper Based Test
For examination centres opted in India
Paper 1 or 2
Paper 1 and 2 both
For examination centres opted in foreign country
Paper 1 or 2
Paper 1 and 2 both
Exam Pattern of JEE Main 2017:
The JEE Main 2017 exam will have two papers i.e. paper 1 (for engineering) and paper 2 (for architecture). The Paper 1 will be made up of total 90 objective type questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics topics. The Paper 2 will include in total 82 questions out of which 30 questions will be from mathematics, 50 questions from ability test and 2 questions of illustration test.
Counselling for JEE Main 2017:
Counselling is done on the basis of highest scores obtained by the applicants. It is an online procedure of four rounds conducted by CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board) and JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).