Xavier Aptitude Test or the XAT is a national level MBA entrance exam carry out by XLRI Jamshedpur. The paper pencil based exam is taken by approximately 90,000 candidates across India as well as it is considered to be a hard nut to crack regarding complexity level as well as competitiveness.
XAT 2017 Exam Pattern
As per to the Exam Pattern, XAT is a paper pencil based test of 3.5-hour duration. The paper consists of total five sections alienated in two sections. Paper 1 consists of
• Objective and Multiple choice questions from 3 sections – Quantitative Ability, English Language as well as Logical Reasoning, Decision Making as well as it has a duration of 3 hours.
Paper 2, partly subjective as well as partly objective type, consist of 2 sections –
• General Knowledge as well as Essay Writing. The General Awareness section consists of the 30 questions. The duration for Paper 2 is 30 minutes.
XAT 2017 Exam Pattern – More details
- The sum total numbers of questions are 78 as well as the time allotted is 170 minutes.
- You have an alternative of not attempting 13 questions. Beyond this, any unreciprocated question carries the negative marking of 0.05. There is also negative marking of 0.25 marks for any kind of the wrong answer.
- The time allowed to respond both GK as well as Essay is 35 minutes. The numbers of questions in the GK are 25. All the questions are of General in type. There is no negative marking in this section.
Overview of the XAT 2017 Exam Pattern
The Quantitative Ability
English along with LR
The Essay Writing
The General Awareness
Previous Year XAT Exam Pattern –
No. of Questions (Part A)
XAT 2017 is anticipated to be held on Sunday, the day of January 8, 2017. The application procedure is scheduled to start from the first week of the September, of 2016. Apart from XLRI, the XAT scores are acknowledged by around 140 B-schools across India. The previous year, XAT has undergone changes in terms of exam pattern. Let’s catch a look at the particulars of the XAT 2017 exam regarding Participating Institutes and eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, significant dates, result, etc.
Overall, you have to support yourself as well as grip reasoning based questions entailing rough analytical application. Preparing the decision-making section as well as the essay writing task should make easy the XAT test taker to handle the test challenges more self-assuredly. Perception strengthening should be pursuing by the consolidation of application orientation as well as a sufficient number of practice tests. Whilst attempting the paper, keep in mind the basics of the time management, priorities as well as striking the precise balance among speed along with correctness!